Monday, November 16, 2009

The second time around

Tonight I revisited trikonasana (triangle) and ardha chandrasana (half moon). Actually, I have incorporated these poses into my practice many times since I first commented on them, so it is more appropriate to say that I "refocused" on them. Now that I am used to some of the modifications, I wanted to observe again from a fresh perspective.


In trikonansana, what I notice most now is that having my palm flat on the floor (block) is quite a wrist stretch! I notice it more on the left, which surprises me because I "mouse" with my right hand.


In ardha chandrasana, what I noticed most tonight is how strongly I have to ground through the inner edge of my standing foot when my arm is at my side. i especially miss the counterbalance of having the top arm extended when I open my front body more, then I really have to focus on GROUNDING.


Is anyone surprised to hear that I also need to focus on grounding in my life? I love yoga lessons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment